Sunday, 20 October 2013

Independent on Sunday article

New article on CE/GE in the Independent on Sunday today. Framing is OK (except for playing God/ saving/destroying planet stuff) although my comments wholly negative on GE/CE which don't really capture the nuances of my position. It is hard to distinguish research from deployment, and there is no clear blue water either, but I think I was pretty clear on the need for research during discussions with Memphis (the author). It was quite an interesting interview, one of a number I've done in the last week or two. It irkes me slightly that, having battled to develop a clear personal framing, newspapers produce the most sensationalist of headlines sometimes. I guess that's the nature of the beast...

1 comment:

  1. Matt, this isn't in regard to your posting (above) but instead in response to your interview on PBS, today.


    I've wondered, for several years, if it would be worthwhile, or even possible, to install carbon filter air scoops on all moving vehicles -- cars, planes, trains, buses and boats. If this were feasible, then as the filters became full they could be safely cleaned or replaced. Any possibility of this being anything more worthwhile than a pipe dream?

    BTW, since I have no background in this area, I have to tell you how much I appreciate what you are attempting to do, for all of us. THANKS!